Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Time flies unless you shoot it down

Last week was a wedding week in the family. My daughter Sarah was married in a brisk outdoor affair at Sand Piper Recreation Area near Polk City, Iowa.

So blogging has been far down on the list. My former brother in law Bill took photos and Charlie the video. I walked my lovely daughter down the aisle and then, later, couldn't help myself. I went to the car, got a camera and found a little moment of joy. After cutting the wedding cake, Sarah fed a bit to her new husband John and then to their first daugther Georgia.

I spend a good deal of time talking about technique on this blog. But the heart of creation is answering the question, "Does this work?" Who cares about the exposure, camera or lens. "Does this work?" Of course it does because it's a little moment.

All we are doing, at the end of the day, is using idioms... sorry, let me rephrase. The bottom line (another idiom) is that we are simply rescuing moments from vanishing into eternity. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment