Saturday, May 21, 2011

Art Show Season Begins

Tomorrow we begin the outdoor Art Show Season with a one day event in Valley Junction, West Des Moines, Iowa. It is their Spring Art Market. I haven't show in Valley Junction for several years, neither has my wife Robin. One day shows are physically demanding and a single thunderstorm can wipe out the day. But... let's hope the rain is done by then. Rain isn't the only fear. Hail can be a real show-stopper. This was in Edina Minnesota four years ago.

Also high winds, up to 100 MPH in this case, crushed the Omaha Summer Arts Festival three years ago.

But you take your chances. Most of my work revolves around exploring the abstractions created in atmospheric event or in the movement in water. I was in Rome and made this image, while genltly moving the camera, left to right, creating my own abstraction. It's new this year, the newest photo to the collection. I'll only have one with me tomorrow, to see how people like it.

No comments:

Post a Comment