Sunday, May 8, 2011

Safari Fun on a Saturday

Saturday marked the 35th Photo Safari held at Madhaus Studio & Gallery. There are four different types of Safari's:  The Digital Photo, or intro course, The Digital Video Safari, Crop Shop, which is for working in Adobe Elements and PhotoShop and also the very intense, Digital Studio Safari, which is what we held on Saturday, May 7.
Click on image to enlarge.
I am usually the model as we go outside and inside to find wonderful ways to use light to our advantage.

Gail (bottom left) took the photo of me that is above her. I was using the diffuser inside my portable reflector to soften the harsh daylight.

Marne (top middle) made the nice photo of my old face, as I stepped out of the direct sunlight into a nearby alley.

Terra (bottom right) caught a wonderful moment of gallery golden retriever Gordon finishing up giving me a big smooch in the backlight.

It was very gratifying as an instructor to have a group that was so sharp and never behind the curve. We spent a little extra time outdoors, pushing situations in the shade, using a portable reflector and generally finding the sweet spots of indirect light that allow for effective outdoor portraiture.

No comments:

Post a Comment