Friday, August 12, 2011

Mit Romney and Dick Christian

Sorry for the long delay, I've been traveling quite a bit.

The last week in June I was laid off by the Des Moines Register, which probably brought my full time photojournalism career to an end after over 30 years. All good things come to an end at it has been a great ride.

Now I'm freelancing, looking for work and trying not to get too emotionally caught up in the "I'm unemployed" thing.

So, I'm exploring, trying to find a new way. I was at the Iowa State Fair yesterday, photographing Republican presidential hopeful Mit Romney. For the day, I was using some equipment out of the consignment case over at Christian Photo, 6721 Douglas Avenue, in Des Moines. (515) 270-8030.

To back track, I get messages all the time from people looking to get into a digital SLR, without spending $2000 or more.


Dick had a Nikon D70, coupled with a Nikon 18 - 70mm zoom. PEFECT!
The camera is $300 and the lens is $175. So, for under $500, you can have it all. I shot the photos below at 200 ISO in the daylight, and 1600 ISO inside the dark Varied Industries building. They all came out great.

I don't think these two items will last long. I get nothing from Dick for this promotion, he's just one of my favorite people!

Here are some photos of Romney at the 2011 Iowa State Fair.




No comments:

Post a Comment