Saturday, July 2, 2011

Vic Kesse Exhibit

Central Iowa photographer Vic Kesse has been invited to display some of his photos at St. Benedict's Abbey in Atchison, Kansas, right on the Missouri River.

According to Vic: I heard from Father Blaine on Tuesday confirming the exhibit.  I am trying to get everything ready so I can deliver the pictures July 12 on our way home from the family reunion in Kansas City.  I will have 20 of my photos and 5 - 10 of the old Kesse/Maday photos that show some interesting historical/family subjects.  It's going to be a rush to get everything done.  The photos and framing materials that I have ordered have to get here on time.  They want to have the pictures hung so they can be part of the Amelia Earhart celebration that begins on July 15.  Needless to say I am very excited about this opportunity.  I owe a big thank you to my cousin Lizann for introducing me to Father Blaine.

Below are a sample of some of Vic's marvelous work. I especially like the composition of the whale surfacing with the boat at the top.


No comments:

Post a Comment