Thursday, June 23, 2011

Painting With Light - Another Try

Which one do you like? I went downtown last week, while still employed by the Des Moines Register (all good things come to an end, right?) and decided to illustrate, in advance, the upcoming Des Moines Arts Festival.

I went to the downtown Western Gateway, set up the camera on a tripod, set the iso at 100, the f-stop at 32 and left the camera in Aperture Priority. This gave me about a 45 second exposure. I used an LED night light, very bright, to paint an rough impression of the wall of tent fronts that would soon invade. Vote for your favorite and I'll tell you which one I like.

This weekend Robin and I will be showing at ArtFest Midwest, The Other Art Show, in the air conditioning of the Varied Industries Building at the Fairgrounds. Best way to see both shows is to park in the ample lots at the Fairgrounds, hop the shuttle to the downtown show, walk around, sweat, look at the booths and then come back to the pleasant indoor show, say "Hi," while you're there and find your vehicle with no hassle.

Hope to see you this weekend, let me know which one you like.

 Number 1

 Number 2

Number 3

Number 4

2 comments:

  1. I like #1 and #4.
    If I can get away from work, I will stop down to check out you and Robin's work. Otherwise, I will send everyone I know.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Number 4 in my opinion. its the reflection of the light, its brightness and intensity and how its centered that makes it for me.

    ReplyDelete